As Evidence Based Birth Instructors® we are proud to be able to put current evidence based information into your hands, so that you can make empowered choices during your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience.
The Savvy Birth Workshop for Parents
$95 Per Couple
Are you excited to be expecting, but completely overwhelmed by the number of decisions that need to be made about giving birth? If you are feeling unsure or anxious about the unknowns of labor and confused by the various stories you hear from family and friends, you are not alone! We frequently hear that women feel trepidation about making decisions regarding their birth. At the Savvy Birth Workshop, we provide you and your partner with evidence-based facts and information to put to use when discussing critical pregnancy and birth decisions with maternal medical providers and staff. You will be able to confidently look forward to one of the most important days of your life, the day you meet your baby, with a sense of empowerment and excitement!
What will we cover in the Savvy Birth Workshop for Parents?
We know the feelings about the unknowns of childbirth; "What if I'm overdue and an induction is recommended? What if I have a cesarean section? What if I feel pressured into something I don’t want? What if I make the wrong decision? What if I have a bad first experience, or another traumatizing experience?" We are very aware of these feelings of apprehension and are confident that this workshop will empower you to be a confident key member of your own health care team! In your Savvy Birth Workshop, we explore these topics:
- The safest way to give birth supported by research and evidence
- Local hospital statistics
- How the midwifery care model differs from the obstetric model
- Questions to ask your provider (OB or midwife) to make sure they are ready to give you the care you seek
- Evidence-based information on eating or drinking during labor, due dates, big babies, birthing positions, etc.
- The benefits of a conducive supportive team made up of your partner, doula, and nurse
- Your legal and civil right regarding maternity care in a hospital setting
- And more!
Please fill out the form below to request a session.